Follow by Email

To register, input your email address in the box above. You will receive a confirmation email to complete the registration. Your address will not be shared and you will not receive messages from other organizations.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Looking ahead


One of my roles at Bloomsburg University is to create many of the marketing pieces for the Celebrity Artist Series. Perhaps I'm a little biased, but I'm personally pretty interested in three of the remaining four shows. The remaining shows are:

  • Philadelphia Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra, Friday, Feb. 10
  • National Broadway Musical Tour: The Color Purple, Saturday, Feb. 18
  • Complexions Contemporary Ballet (pictured), Saturday, March 31
  • Grace Kelly & Phil Woods, saxophonists, Friday, April 13


The Color Purple will be a sellout or near sellout, so if you're interested, get your tickets early. For me though, it's the other three shows that really intrigue.

Now, the Nutcracker by the Russian Ballet that played in Haas in December was a fun and colorful event for the family. My daughter loved it; my wife and I thought that the Spanish dancers had the best connection to each other and the audience.


But Complexions Ballet will bring a whole new level of athleticism and physicality to the stage. Check out the video clips.

I'll also take a close look at the Philadelphia Chamber Orchestra (my wife is a violinist) and the saxophonists, because jazz in the spring just seems right.

Adult tickets for the shows range from $29.50 to $34.50. The box office number (570) 389-4409 and holiday hours are: Monday through Friday, Noon to 4 p.m. Closed Dec. 23 to Jan. 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment