Follow by Email

To register, input your email address in the box above. You will receive a confirmation email to complete the registration. Your address will not be shared and you will not receive messages from other organizations.

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Larry Ney joins Artspace

I was walking past the Artspace Gallery on Center Street about a week ago on my way to pick up chinese takeout and I spotted someone new at the counter inside. Larry Ney II has now joined the gallery as a member. 

I dig his work. A lot.

At a fast glance ... it's impressionistic and drawn from nature ... but that's just a starting point. The connection of brush to paint to canvas is so much more personal. Landscape is just an entry point for a very personal expression. When I see one of his paintings, I need to stop, to look, to reflect. They are really gorgeous.

—EGF.


When I'm working with student's trying to explain design concepts at BU, I often refer them to King Crimson as the musical (aural) equivalent of various visual ideas. Here's a live performance of Matte Kudasai. To my mind, it fits.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Eric. Just found your blog. I'm loving all the local art info! I remember you coming into the gallery to talk to Larry the day you took this picture. How funny to stumble across your post so many months later! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops.....neglected to mention that Larry's first exhibit as an Artspace member, "Eclectic Storm", is currently showing in the gallery. His artist reception is Saturday, March 9th from 6-8. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eric -- Sara Mike of Mock Pie Studio brought my attention to your blog. I'm glad you like my artwork and thank you for the plug. I hope you and your family will stop in to my reception at Artspace on March 9th. I will have 17 new pieces that reflect my life struggles.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to write something about Larry's show this week. I saw the show over the weekend and it's fabulous. Love it. Especially the works on the back wall to the left ... wow.

    Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, Eric! Looking forward to it and I'll def keep up with your blog. My ramblings are at www.mockpiestudio.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete